Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1 -- time to dust off my typing fingers at write...

Today kicks off National Novel Writing Month (better known as NaNoWriMo - though I have no idea why that's easier to remember.)  This is an annual internet-based creative writing project which challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel between November 1 and 30. I have little interest in writing a novel at this point in my life -- but I do love to write.  So it's like God just nudged me a little and said "get back into the ring."  So here I am.  Ta Da!  :)

I was asked to participate in a flash blog (like a flash mob) in August.  Turns out I have some people that frequently read my blog.  It blows me away.  Two of them are in Russia --  a couple are here in the United States.  Somehow our blogging worlds collided and now we are cyber friends.  They email me to check in when I've been gone too long -- and they respond on posts.  It's awesome.  I write for myself, yes....but it is truly great to know people are reading.  So, back to August....I just didn't sign on....I didn't know what the prompts were going to be -- I didn't think I'd have the time with my school -- and the boys school...and both in sports and blah blah blah....but I'm going to do it now.  The prompts are listed below -- I tried not to read ahead to them, cause I like to shoot from the hip -- but some are so entirely random, I'm not sure I'll have anything to talk about.  Here it goes....

#BlogFlash2012
#BlogFlash2012
#BlogFlash2012
#BlogFlash2012
#BlogFlash2012


No comments:

Post a Comment