Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 4: Busy

Yes...I am.

Much like you....I'm busy.

I'm a Mom of two beautiful and busy boys, too.  They run me crazy and often leave me exhausted but one hug from them or an "I love you" or a "you're the best" makes it all worth it.  They are the REASON I breathe on this planet - my gift from God, on loan to the universe - created in my body with gifts to share.  I'm blessed to be near them and help guide them as they keep teaching me and keep me grounded.

I'm a Wife of a loyal lover who is busy too.  He is so hard working that he rarely sits still.  Either he's running his shop or helping run our family.  He is ridiculously patriotic and makes me feel safe and secure. He loves me with everything he has -- he makes me laugh and understands me inside and out.  He is a busy dad, too and can be found at the soccer field or football practice or band concerts or bringing our boys to appointments or headed to parent/teacher conferences.  You would never guess they weren't biologically his own.

I'm a Daughter to my marvelous mother who is busy in her own way  She in the sole leader of our great family.  Her strength and love are never ending and her devotion to my dad is the reason I know real true love exists and that I won't except any less.  I am a Daughter to my fabulous father who is surely busy enjoying the ever-after by watching us here on Earth.  He was always busy with work or running to be at my sporting events and loyal to his God -- so much so that I  know he is with God (and with me every Sunday at church).

I am a Sister to two badass brothers and two strong sisters who are all crazy busy with work, kids, and life.  They are not just my siblings but my very best friends.  Johnny has a magnetic pull that draws people in and I always have so much fun with him. Rick is constant - always there and always real. Kerry is my best friend, bar none.  Kelly has been through so much and prevails in her own creative and beautiful way.

I am a Friend to countless fabulous friends and a best friend to one or two and I can tell you -- they are all so damn busy we can't hardly see each other.  They have families and jobs and still have a way to let me know that at the drop of a hat, they will be there for me and we will pick up as if life wasn't so busy.

I am a Nurse to my many perfect patients and to whomever needs my help because I know they are busy with their lives and they need to get back to them.  Our busy time is precious and these patients teach me that we need to get BUSY living cause as the seconds pass, we are actually dying.  It's a reality I am able to see and touch, often.  I am able to spend 13 hours a day with them....with their families and leave the hospital knowing that I have a purpose in the world -- sure it took me 30+ years to realize it, but I'm here now...and it feels good.

I am a Student.  I am a life long learner, it seems to be.  I am currently in school to get another bachelors degree and while it makes me UNBELIEVABLY busy, it's something that drives me to reach another personal goal.  It's the ONE thing that I am doing for myself - knowing it will benefit my family - but really just another way for me to say FUCK OFF to the naysayers.  Sure, I'll have a Devil degree soon -- but I'm always a Wildcat at heart.

I am a Daughter in law and  sister in law to a fabulously friendly family by fate.  We are all so different, and all SO busy, yet I love the Essary's incredibly and finally feel like I am part of an extended family that accepts me and my children as if they have always known and loved us.  I cannot tell you how amazing that feels. 

I am an Aunt to many (many) nice and naughty nieces and nephews...To date, there is Thomas, Keegan, Connor, Kaytlyn, Darryl, Kristyn, Asher, Tatum, Jhayston, Kyra, Jenna, Alaina, Jake, Jerron, Natalie, Nyla, Ty, Sophie, Dylan, Cierra, Louie, Vanessa, Arianna, Emma and Hinkley.  Phew!!!  If I'm not busy with my own children's lives, it's easy to be busy with theirs.

So yes...I'm busy -- and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment