Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 2 - A furry friend

I live in a zoo....we have 3 dogs, a hamster, a tortoise, fish, and 2 birds....

...a furry friend -- I can't pick between my 3 dogs...Scout is a 6 year old Golden Doodle.  She looks like Sandy from the movie Annie.  I got Scout when I was still married to Sunshine....and she came with me (and so did his sunshine)....  She is a perfect dog.  She is goofy and silly and fun.  She is tender and playful.  She loves attention from adults and kids.  She LOVES the water and jumping off the dock into the lake at the dog park.  She will fetch with the best of them, but only brings it within 5 feet of you.  She is reliable and doesn't shed.  I love her.  Piper is a 5 year old Chihuahua.  She was my gift to myself when I got a divorce.  She was ridiculously expensive, pure bred with great lines (I fixed her instantly, but really shouldn't have.)  She literally helped me through that time.  She is fiercely loyal to her mama.  :)  She is such a cuddle bug -- loves her spot on my lap.  She hides from strangers and barks like she is a big dog.  She is NOT a yippy chihuaha, so I don't mind the occassional outbursts.  She is the smallest dog (only 5 lbs) but she runs this household.  She is definitely queen bitch -- well, other than me.  And lastly, there's Halo.  She is a 2 year old part Jack Russel and part Chihuahua.  She is a spaz, as you would expect.  But she is a doll...cutest tortoise I've ever seen (I asked Justin for a tortoise and he came home with a puppy!)  She is gentle and just loves the boys like crazy (as evidenced by the dog hair all over them.)  She is a jealous dog, part human, who sits with us on the couch upright like a person.  They all love the boys and their favorite snack is string cheese (yes really.)  I just love each and everyone of them....they make our family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment