Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 3: Color

I'm feeling insanely uncreative right now.  So I'll leave you with this:

I love to Color:  Pockets

I like Red: She likes Red!  Ya we like Red! Red red red red red red red red
Red is for the roosters head
the farmers roof
my grandmas spread
Red is for a nose that's cold
that guides along Santa's sled

But when I'm feeling real loose, I color puce.

Puce?  What's puce?

This is a song called, "I love to Color" and it describes colors in detail, but the kid always returns back to saying he likes puce which leaves the singer baffled.  It's from a perfectly perfect kids album by Pockets.  It's a slice of deliciousness.  A fun, quirky, sweet album that was introduced to me by my sister's best friend back in the day.  I've now just turned it on and it just makes me happy.

(I've got five pockets in my overalls, got five pockets in my overalls, I've got two on the back, one on the bib, and two in the ordinary everyday place -- in the front!)

When I was in high school my best friends and I use to sing "Show Me Your Smile"  Which was by far our favorite.  It has now transitioned into a song that I torment my children with --generally when they are being pains in my hinder.

(show me your smile, let it dance for awhile, on your face, what a place for a smile to be -- on your face -- on your face.  Show me your frown, make it sad like a clown, when you're down, you can frown, it's okay with me....when you're down.  When you're down.  I wanna know when you're happy, I wanna know when you're sad.)

For the record, Puce (often misspelled as "puse", "puese" or "peuce") is a color that is defined as ranging from light grayish red-violet to medium to dark purplish-brown.

...and is SO NOT my favorite.

5 comments:

  1. Glad your doing this...gets you writing!!! It's fantastic! Hope you're well. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Show Me Your Smile", the song. I used to sing it to my children. I cannot find all of the lyrics. Do you know where I can get the music and all of the words.
    Cathy cha5663@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also sang "Show Me Your Smile" to my children. Do you know where I can get the lyrics and music?

    ReplyDelete