Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 8: Relaxing

It's so important to have down time.  My only trouble is that my mind in relentless.  I wish so much that I had an off switch.  I'm constantly making mental "to do" lists.  There is always something else I should be doing.  Last night, we all had a delicious dinner and then went outside to sit around the fire.  It was about as close to relaxation as I get.  I was so content. 

I think that is what it all boils down to.  I think that I am falling into the rat race of always wanting more.  I hate that.  I have a great job -- and then I think that I have to push myself and think about moving on to a different job.  I have a great education -- and then I think that I have to get more.  I make decent money -- then I buy newer stuff and need more money.   I love my house -- then I think about moving.  (maybe I should have posted this under the "thinking" day)....

but...I don't like that.  In order for me to have a peaceful mind and allow true relaxation,

I have to remind myself to simplify. 
 
I need to be grateful that I have enough. 
 
I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment