Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 13- A picture of your favorite band


VAN HALEN!!

And ONLY the old school Van Halen with David Lee Roth at the mic. I just frickin' loved him.

I have distinct memories of performing a swimming pool/dance with my sister that culminated by us jumping one by one off the diving board to "JUMP!"

Memories of concerts galore. My friends and I would "Dance the Night Away." (Still one of my top favorite 5 songs of all time.) Van Halen kind of took over my high school days and when I listen to them now I remember it well. I dreamed to be a "California Girl" while my guy friends lusted over "Hot for the Teacher." Hell, I even lost my virginity to "Running with the Devil" which led me straight into "You really got Me" and "Ain't talkin bout Love." "Dreams" was one of my basketball warm up songs (insert Sammy Hagar.) And let us never forget how badass Eddie was on Eruption and Panama.

Oh the days of Van Halen....think I'll go listen to them now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment