Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm MARRIED!!!

Justin and I tied the knot this past Saturday the 14th in Mexico!

It was everything I dreamed it would be - and then some. We have been through so very much together - 4 and a half years of laughter and smiles as well as some very difficult times. We've moved 3 times, had holidays and birthdays, celebrations and deaths, struggled through Nursing School, struggled personally and financially, continued to raise 2 beautiful children, added two dogs to the mix, grew independently, meshed together, cried, laughed uncontrollably, rejoiced in successes and loved each other each step along the way.

Life.

We are both taking this vow very seriously and know that life will bring as much sunshine as it does rain. We are committed to ride the waves. Marriage is work - raising a family is more work. We deserve this and so do Dane and Cole.


The ceremony was just us -- we wrote our vows with the boys -- it was very touching. We stood in a family circle. We didn't exactly "elope" - our closest friends and both families (including my ex) knew. We just didn't exactly tell people in time that they would be able to attend. My brother and his partner were there -- and a couple of nearest and dearest. We were barefoot in the sand -- waves blowing our hair, sunglasses on our faces, smiles beaming and tears streaming. Like I said, it was how I ALWAYS wanted to get married.

I have 10 million pictures -- and a video -- that I'll be editing and sharing today. We rented jet skis, took the boys out fishing in the ocean, body surfed, ate at some amazing places, got my hair braided, bought the boys trinkets (and a concrete monkey -- "haven't you always wanted a monkey!?") and took it all in.

I have never been so happy in my entire life.

3 comments:

  1. AND YOU DESERVE IT BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kristen and Justin! So happy for you guys. I am so very very happy that you found the happiness you both had been wanting! What a beautiful way to start the future together! I wish you both all the happiness in the world. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete