Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yesterday is over....whew!

It wasn't so bad. I had to be there at 0800. It was at the Doctor's office, which was a nice reprieve from visiting the hospital. Justin took the day off and we nervously waited int he waiting room (where we once giggled in humor and happiness, now we just stared blankly until we heard my name.) I was introduced to the anesthesiologist and his helper bee. He started an IV in my hand in seriously 3 seconds flat (so impressive,) she injected 2 syringes (zofran and ativan) and then Justin was told to wait out in the waiting room. In one swift moment, he kissed 2 of us goodbye in the physical sense hoping one would return. Then, I undressed...my wonderful Doctor came in. We spoke briefly -- she apologized - and then held my hand. It was very appreciated. Next I knew Dr. Anesthesiologist administered the Propofol (my only connection to Michael Jackson) and I awoke with the procedure completed and Justin at my side. My body was once again solely mine.

The day was mostly spent sleeping. We made a big bed out by the TV. We watched a movie. Justin took very good care of me. He made a perfecto dinner (steak and twice baked potato) and we dared not speak a word of the earlier part of the day. Justin even played Santa -- and I am donning a new watch and ring! :) Today, I awake to some pretty uncomfortable cramping and am looking forward to the boys coming home -- and returning to that big family bed. :) Work tomorrow -- then Christmas truly begins....

Moving forward....

2 comments:

  1. I AM AN IDIOT... I NEVER EVEN READ THIS.

    AND I NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT YOUR HAND TODAY.

    DOES THIS MEAN THERE WILL BE A WEDDING?????

    I HAVE BEEN HERE. BEFORE JAX. NOTHING I CAN SAY WILL HELP. NOTHING WILL MAKE IT BETTER. JUST TIME! BUT YOUR SMILE TODAY WAS CONTAGIOUS AND YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL AND HAPPY!!! SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I know that words won't help you now. Just know that you are loved and that your precious child is with your daddy. Love, always.

    ReplyDelete