Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deeeeeeeep breath......

(now that's off my chest -- on to something better...)

Things are so good and so busy -- life just is, ya know?

Today is a catch up day.

Truth be told, I've been running crazy the last 6 months (actually 4 years.) This morning I woke up and took a deep breath. I'm finally able to sleep. I'm finally able to breathe.

Today my beautiful youngest child will be honored at his school for winning the "Terrific Kid" award -- a distinction given to only 2 kids in the whole grade. I am beyond proud of him. (Dane ironically won the award in first grade - thus, confirming what I already knew to be true -- my kids are simply TERRIFIC!!) I have to be at school at 2. Until then, I'm going to unpack, shop and get my life (and bills) organized!

In other news, Fall football season has come to a close. Dane's team won the state championship!!!! This season was tough for Dane -- mentally and physically. He battled through a period of really painful headaches (we don't know why -scary stuff) and these guys hit hard! Dane is a little guy -- luckily, he has speed, so he does well. The CHAMPIONSHIP game was a real thrill. I was so very proud of my boy! Cole played in the finals, but came up short. He will be moving up to tackle next season -- which is crazy. It will be fun to have him on the Mighty Mites though. I LOVE football. I LOVE the competition. I love the friends I've made and I LOVE to see the boys do something they truly love to do. It's all so much fun. But, it is also very time consuming. Simply trying to coordinate where we have to be and who is picking up who has proven to be very difficult. The whole family sacrifices. Dane had practice MWF and Cole was TTh. My job doesn't make it easy either -- and I find myself depending on my ex-husband (aka: Mr. Sunshine) which is not anything I truly enjoy (but am grateful for his help - if I have to be honest.)

Life is going really well right now -- there is something overly peaceful about being at the helm of your own ship. I love my house and even if it takes me a year to unpack, I'll love every one of the days doing it. The holiday season is always a crazy time of year -- but always filled with love and blessings. This year is quite different from last. I am so grateful for surviving. I have wonderful friends -- some old, many new. I have a perfect job which proves to be both challenging and fun. I have great support in love and life. And finally, instead of looking forward to when X,Y or Z happens,

I
am
truly
happy
in
the
N-O-W.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. I THINK I HAVE BEEN TOO BUSY TO MISS IT YET. JAX, HOWEVER, MISSES IT TERRIBLY. WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES TOMORROW......WITH NO GAME AND NO WHERE TO BE........ I WON'T COMPLAIN.

    CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PARTY SUNDAY!!! POST PICS OF YOUR NEW HOUSE WHEN YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete