Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Surprise! Another Welcome Home Wednesday brings me to my keyboard...


Last day of 6th grade

1st day of Kindergarten


What a couple of weeks!  Our lives are pretty busy -- always full of fun and love.  It's the end of the school year which has me reminiscing about earlier days.  I read my blog about Dane's first day of kindergarten the other day:  Dane's in Kindergarten...  (that's a clickable link)  it's on my previous blog -- Striving to be Erma.  I love and hate that blog.  There are so many memories...I've been bloggin quite a while...but it ended up being terribly depressing and hateful due to the very sad condition I was in at the time...and the blog had to be changed (a modern version of the page had to be turned) for me to grow..... and it made me cry.  I know, I know...I cry a lot.  But the pictures....the memories...such a happy place.  And, the acknowledgement that so much has changed.  My son has been through so much.  His Grandpa's death, his parents divorced, both parent's have remarried, he has a step-dad and a step-mom (and step brothers) and he's moved 4 times....yet school has always been consistent.  And, you know what?  My boy thrived.  Better than that....he conquered school -- great grades...great friends....  So, now he's moving on to Junior High -- and I can hardly breathe.  I'm proud of my boy.  I know he is a one of a kind kid.  He will be fine.  I'm pretty sure that I will be too...but I miss being so needed in his world.  Yet, I want him to grow...and learn...and fly. 

1 comment:

  1. KRISTEN, HE IS SUCH A GOOD BOY. YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW HE HAS BEEN THOUGH SO MUCH. YOU LET HIM LIVE AND PLAY AND MAKE HIM WORK HARD AND HE DOES BOTH TO THE BEST! You are awesome! NOW MAKE HIM COME UP AND PLAY WITH THE PEE WEES THIS FALL. I AM DOING THE CONDITIONING WITH MIKE!!! PLEASE????? ;)

    ReplyDelete