Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy.

I'm not bragging.

I'm basking.

Here's the thing:  It happens, people.  True happiness? -- amidst difficuties and hard work...when you look around...it's here.

I was called jaded today.

Jaded:  The end result of having a steady flow of negative experiences, disappointment, and unfulfillment fed into a person where they get to the point where their anger circuits just sort of burn out and they accept disillusionment.

Perhaps I am....perhaps I welcome disillusionment...or rather, maybe it's living in the moment.

Smart enough to realize the other shoe will drop...days will be tough again...

but wise enough to realize today is NOT a bleak day.  Today is beautiful and wonderful.  Today my heart sings and love is abundant.  I have a fantastic relationship with my husband.  My children come home today.  My family is healthy.  My job is stable and dignified.  My spirit is soaring. My confidence is overflowing.  There is money in the bank and a vacation on the horizon.  My friends are loyal and my laughter is frequent.

So sure, I will see dark days -- I've seen them before -- and come out of it to see today.  And BECAUSE of that sadness, difficulty and depression...I will LOVE today.

Jaded...of course...smarter, wiser...and more appreciative of today.

I'll take it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment