Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Two days of me time...

...and I'm not sick of me yet.

It's a great place to be. Silent, but full of thought. Peaceful, but feeling courageous. Alone, but far from lonely.

And, I feel like writing...to the person I was not so long ago -- who was obnoxious, vengeful and terribly isolated. Off the cuff...

Hold on, believe me, there is nothing much to fear
Despite the anger when you look in the mirror.
Times were good and they will be again.
You're merely in the middle; you're nowhere near the end.

Hold on, trust me ,you will look back to this day
And be able to see why things turned out this way
Friends will surround you, laughter will come back
You're merely in the middle, but you're on the right track.

Hold on, believe me soon you'll figure it out
And love will conquer the self-hatred and doubt
You'll grip your foundation and begin to grow
You're merely in the middle, look to tomorrow.

Hold on, trust me, you will rise above the pain
You will reach your dreams and dance again in the rain
You'll look in his eyes and know you've found your safe
place
You're merely in the middle, just pace yourself for the race.

Hold on, believe me, there's so much goodness in your life
You will overcome the sadness, sorrow, and strife
You're boys are watching with pride swelling in their eyes
You're merely in the middle, soon the lows will be highs.

Hold on, believe me, trust me I know
Pray, meditate, learn and let go
There is true happiness and peace around the bend
You're merely in the middle, you're nowhere near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment