Thursday, April 5, 2012

Like the top of the Chrysler Building!

(It's a reference to Annie -- about floors, and not backsides, shining...like.....the...top....eh, whatever, if you don't appreciate the reference, screw you.)

Anyway...this blog is about cleaning. Whoopdeedoo! Call all your friends. But, it's been dawning on me lately how very SPOILED I am that I have a husband who loves a clean house -- and even further, likes to make it be so! Justin does a ton of housework around here and while I don't tell him nearly enough, I am very grateful for our equal disdain for a cluttered and/or dirty home. While thinking about it this morning, I laughed. We are definitely a couple that has roles...some are antique and question my firm belief in the woman's movement, while others are just there cause they work and make us happy.

Things we both do:
Work to pay the bills
Love/Play/Dream with the boys
Make the bed
Do the laundry
Cook
Do the dishes
Poop patrol
Feed the dogs

What I do:
Wash the sheets
Put the laundry away
Unload the dishwasher
Clean the boys rooms
Get on my hands and knees for the floors
Toilets
Big shopping trips: Frys/Sam's Club
Throw away garbage in car daily
Takes garbage to garage
pays the bills
Clean out pet cages
Feed the birds and hamster
Make sure it smells yummy (scentsy, air fresheners, etc).


What he does:
Yard work
Clean the garage
Clean the grill
Power wash the patio
Sweep and mop the floors (with enough pinesol to evacuate the household sometimes.)
Change the air filters
Maintenance shopping trips: Home Depot/Ace Hardware
Car Maintenance
Takes garbage from garage to can...can to street...and back up.
Deal with any customer service anything
Windows
Dusting
Feed the fish

...that's all...in a quick glance....and I wanted to say....thank you babe -- for never leaving dishes in the sink, clutter on the counter, dirty clothes on the floor or any of the other things that would drive me to ditch you.

You're a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment