Friday, February 17, 2012

Sick obsession or something....

I have a slight fascination with death -- I can't lie. My family and good friends all just know that it's part of me. I don't really know when it started...or, for that matter, why. I think it probably jumped a few notches when my friend, Aaron died when we were in high school. Simply knowing that I was suppose to be there with him and that I was one of the last people to talk to him has forever changed my thinking of "coincidence" and "timing." His death absolutely changed me.

When myspace was the rage, I found mydeathspace.com -- which was a running total of dead myspacers -- then they added myspacers that murdered on this uber cool map of the world. Black means dead myspacer (it links you to their page) and red meant murderer myspacer (also a link.) I was beside myself....and spent hours on that damn site. Intrigued. My friend, Angela, and I made a pact that if we died we would submit each other (sealed with a kiss of account login and password details.) Now facebook has taken over -- but no one has created a death face book... perhaps that will be my ticket to the money tree. facesofdeathbook.com (I gotta search if that domain is available.)

I read the obituaries every day, too...not for any particular reason...just cause I'm alive to read them, I suppose. It use to be that I looked for people I knew (or grandparents of those people)...or for those close to my age. I even came up with a game in which I would get an extra point for an article in the newspaper regarding a death -- and an obit on that person -- in the same paper, same day. That would get me 2 points. 2 points to what? no clue! But it was a bonus point, never the less. Since I've become a nurse, and my population has a higher likelihood of dying, I look for names I know. And, it happens. (and I get an extra point.) I had a journal entry somewhere years ago where I wrote my obituary and it was amazingly crazy. It prioritizes your life. If I die today, I hope it will say: (off the cuff...)






Kristen's life and love revolved around her children, Dane and Cole. They are
her dream come true and the song in her heart. Every day she loved them and told
them....everyday...over and over and over again. There is NOTHING these boys
can't do -- and she told them that, everyday.
Kristen's life was blessed with the love of two men: The father of her children (Joel Nusbaum) and the owner of her heart, her husband, her best friend, her partner in crime, the person that made her laugh and loved her the most, Justin Essary.
Kristen loved her family incredibly and was proud of the Beiriger and Kealy blood that pumped through her body (She was a stubborn German with blubbering Irish eyes, crying mostly during the great times.)
Kristen 's loyalty and pride lied with her family (Dad, Mom, Johnny, Erin,
Rick, Cliff, Kelly, Thomas, Kerry, Travis, Keegan, and Connor) and she embraced
her "other family" which included in-laws, old and new friends and coworkers.
Kristen loved hard and fast, was fun and forgiving, silly and sarcastic
(perhaps sadistic - ha!), passionate and public, honest and ornery, but most of
all...she knew who she was.
A wife. A mother. A daughter. A sister. An Aunt.
A godmother. A cousin. A friend. A nurse. A survivor. A compassionate soul.
She hopes that she is kicking back with her dad, aunt, uncle, Aaron, and the
other's that have passed (and maybe conceding to her dad and having a Schlitz)
and watching the movies of YOUR life unfold...
Until you meet her again...
Be kind to each other.
We all just want to be happy.


"Some of it's magic


and some of it's tragic,


but I had a good life


all the way." (Kristen Kealy, via Jimmy Buffett)

(something like that...)

I was honored to write my father's obit...I was proud of it -- but made a cardinal obit. sin of omitting how he died...I guess I was wrapped up in my dad...I figured EVERYONE KNEW he died of cancer. (you might want to add that I'm conceded and egotistical in my obit...when I die. Seriously. LOL) But be sure you add how I did in there somewhere.

Anyway -- I just spent the last few hours reading about those on death row in Arizona. There is an execution set to take place on 2.29.2012. I will be a year older and this man will die. Irony. But on this site...it tells you what they did...what their court history was...mitigating circumstances...and death date. If you search farther...you can find those that have died...and for some reason and big part of all the documentation is what their last meal was...

Why these brutal murderers care about food is beyond me -- or why we give them it, baffles me too... (I'm guessing it's some sort of governmental scam to try to act like we care...but never the less...) Seriously caught myself LAUGHING at last meal requests....

here is what I would request:
medium rare fillet
baked potato -- sour cream and chives
crab legs with a lot of butter and lemon juice...
cheese and crackers
jar of pickles
sauerkraut
cheese pizza (yes I'm serious, you can ask for all this)
cheesecake
apple pie with vanilla ice cream
and a keg of Coors Light...(OK, I'm guessing you can't get alcohol...right?) but if that's the case... a gallon of milk (slightly frozen) and a case of Coke.

Some jackoff murderer asked for Diet Pepsi -- what?!

You don't believe me do you....check it out for yourself: http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/Minh_NewDeathRow.aspx

If I'm ever on death row (I won't be, relax...) It won't be "dead man walking..." It will be like,

"DEAD BITCH ROLLING!"

No comments:

Post a Comment