Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 27 - A picture of you and a family member



This is my oldest brother, Johnny. (I say "oldest" with a smile -- he is a twin -- but alas, he was born first.) My brothers mean the world to me and they always have. They are 8 years older than I am but we have always been really close. I suppose maybe the age difference helped that be possible. When they were around, I felt like they were the coolest. Their friends wrestled with me and their girlfriends took my friends and me to 7-11 for Slurpee's and nerds. As we've grown up, I've counted on my brothers - for advice, for money, for help moving (LOL), for friendship or just for a beer.


I worry about Johnny. He is such a beautiful person -- I just wish he would take better care of himself. After my Dad died, JJ began putting way too much pressure on himself. Sure, he is a father-figure of sorts, but he is NOT responsible for any of us. His blood pressure is too high and he drinks too much. He lives a hard life. He works hard and plays harder. People LOVE to be around him. His personality is infectious. He has a way of making you feel like you are invincible. "We are the best of the best, Stone." He's known for repeating to me (Stone is my nickname) and he truly does believe we are meant for greatness simply by having the Kealy blood in our veins. My wish for him is that he will find a very special someone and settle down a bit. I would love to see him be a father (even in a step father role) and I wish he would take a more active role in his nephews lives. My kids think the world of him. Perhaps 2012 will bring JJ some peace and a solid base to stand on....


...and hopefully he will be around us all more.


No comments:

Post a Comment