Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 22 -- A picture of something you wish you were better at

BEING SUPERMOM!

I simply cannot do everything I wish that I could to be the kind of Mom I wish I was. I can't be in 2 places at once. (I can't fly to get there quicker either, even though I've been known to have quite the lead foot.) I am happy that I can provide a roof over their heads and food in the refrigerator, but that means that I have to work and be away from them and their activities from time to time. And even though I pride myself on my multi-tasking skills, I don't have 20 hands or a brain that can concentrate on both kids homework at the same time, so I am torn. Let's talk about homework for a moment...I have a college degree, a nursing degree and am currently getting more schooling, but sometimes, I have a pee brain when it comes to 6th grade math. I try to teach my boys respect, kindness and the golden rule, but I still cry with them when people are less than nice on the playground or on the football field. I'm proud of how I act and look, but I still tend to embarrass them when I cheer too loud, get a little PLC (parking lot crazy) or wear my PJs when I have to run into the office to drop off their lunch. And, while I might be able to fix their booboos or get us in quicker in the hospital ED, I can't cushion every fall and make them not get hurt. Today, I can give them a happy home, but I can't guarantee a happy future (the past has taught us that.)


I wish there was a way to be SUPERMOM for my children...

I've tried.

I've looked.

I've searched.

There just isn't....

so I'll leave you with my motto.



"I'm doing the very best that I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment