Thursday, August 18, 2011

Not much really been going on lately - just haven't had anything to write about.

We are just your average busy family, with both of us working, the boys having school, band and football. It seems like we are always running somewhere (and mostly....running out of money.) I'm very blessed to have an average life though. It was Justin's 31st birthday on the 12th. I had planned a surprise skydiving extravaganza -- but it got postponed due to weather. Lightening and rain on an August day in Arizona? Ya, maybe God was telling me to wait. I also successfully passed another August 16 (dad's deathiversary.) This year, I CHOSE to work vs. my normal routine of drinking myself into a silly drunk crying stupor lasting the entire day. It felt good. That said, when I got home, we did go out and partake in some adult beverages, including shots of whiskey and Irish car bombs alongside pitchers of beer, in honor of JFK, Sr. I do miss him terribly, but sitting around the bar table with my husband and two dear friends, I felt really loved and that was nice.

A lot on the horizon, including football, football, football....returning to school....some new roommates and some health issues to battle. Ya know what, though?...it's always something...and for that...I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment