Sunday, July 3, 2011

One year ago today, I had just finished taking the NCLEX

I was a bundle of nerves. I was pretty sure I had passed it -- but you just never know until you know for sure. Nursing school is crazy ... I'd like to say it was a little crazier for me, being recently divorced, working full time, school full time, 2 young kids, and struggling in every sense of the word; it all reality, however, it just pain sucks for everyone. I wish I knew why they make it so difficult. It seems they WANT you to fail. Maybe it's because you get those days as a RN when you just want to crawl up and hide away -- maybe, just maybe, all the blood, sweat, tears (and money) that you invest in nursing school will make you think twice....or something like that...anywhich way, I'm glad school is over -- and I'm in the profession that I love so much. I've been working in the hospital 3 1/2 years -- and only the last year has been in the RN role. But I have enjoyed each and every role. I am very thankful for my unit -- I put my time in and they stood beside me...and now, I will repay them with my full attention at work and my very best intention to be the best nurse that I can be. :)

...That said, I should probably round on my patients? no? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment