Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's all about to begin....

Football, that is.....

Conditioning starts for Dane and his Titan team tonight -- and Cole starts on August 1. I love football, I do, but I'm already worried about this season. Dane has been out of any athletic sport for a year now -- which is a long time. Conditioning is tough -- it's hot and miserable. It's also necessary. The kiddo is out of shape and has really got to step up his game. He has forged a very good reputation in football. He's fast, he works hard, and he's got an eye for the holes. Smart kid - smart player. But he's small... and this mamabear worries that my boy will get hurt -- physically OR emotionally. He stresses out about football....he's excited to play though, and I hope that excitement sticks when he's sore, hurting, and (gasp!) maybe even losing.

It's also the time of year when I embrace my football family. Football is pretty consuming. Conditioning has practice running 4x a week...and then regular practice is 3x a week plus the games on Saturday. It's pretty intense. This year will prove to be even more intense with both boys playing tackle fall ball. Cole will play with the Mighty Mites and then Dane's JPW game will follow. That's a lot of field time.

I'm excited though. Justin and I have so much fun watching the boys play, hanging with old friends and meeting new people. (Sometimes, we may be TOO involved -- fond memories of fights in the parking lots and getting ejected ring a bell, ay voy!) Meeting new friends has always been kind of difficult for me. Some people make them easily - Justin is one of those people. I've always been a little jealous of that ease. It does becomes a little easier when you have your children and their sports in common. For example, I met one of my friends when Dane first played for the Titans. It's been 2 years now. She's hilarious and I've fallen in love with her family. They were the only family we invited to share our wedding day in Mexico with us, in fact! I'm grateful for football bringing them in our lives. I get my hair cut by another football mom and feel quite close to several others (coaches too!) It's just an all around win-win for our family....and it's all about to begin again....

GO TITANS!

(Oh and Jesus, please keep my kiddos safe...this mamabearnurse is OFF DUTY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment