Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today is a "getter' done" kind of day...

I woke up this morning determined to have the day not go to waste. I have to fight back this unending exhaustion and equally determined "blah" mood from ruining my day. I have to clean the house, figure out where we are with money, go see the doctor, make Dane an appt for immunizations and Cole an appointment for his eyes. I want to return clothes, get my car washed and I really want to goto the gym.

Yesterday was my life changing Monday -- see, I've been on the cusp of making some changes in my life. I decided a couple weeks ago that this Monday would be the start. I'm tired of being unhealthy. I need to stop the caffeine (well the majority of it) and eat better. I need to get my thyroid checked and get back on my medication (bad, bad patient.) I need to stop drinking as much and being so lazy.

Justin and I joined a gym on Sunday. He's been twice. I've been zero. (He woke up this morning at 0330 to go before work....yikes. I'm so proud of him and quite frankly, am just as excited for the return of his physique :) hehehe) Now, in my defense, I've worked the last 2 days -- but today -- I have no excuse. It's time to hit the gym -- after my appt for my thyroid checkup, that is. I can do this. I want to do this.

Healthy in body -- healthy in mind.

Focus. I'm an adult. I can make choices that will determine the path of my life. No longer do I plan to sit idly by and roll with the punches. I promise to re-commit to my life, my love, and my children. Focus on family. Love the person in the mirror. Wake up with a smile. Feel at peace with my decisions.

I love me.
I love Justin.
I love Dane.
I love Cole.

Doesn't break down any more simple than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment