Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14 -- sigh.

I wonder if this day will ever pass without me thinking about my wedding day - without me thinking about Joel. 13 years ago today, I married the love of my life. It was a glorious day full of all the people we loved the most. It was a day that culminated the four years we had traveled together and held the promise of a bright future. It was the single happiest day of my life.

-- 13 years ago today.

Clearly, I am no longer in such a love trance and so much time has passed us by. Since that day we moved back to Arizona, had 2 kids, 4 dogs, several houses and got a divorce. We are certainly not the people we were back then. He's gone on to remarry and I've found my own voice again. We don't even get along on most days. Yet, on this date -- March 14 -- I can't help but remember the man that once was my everything and feel a twinge of sadness in the way things turned out. Because of him, I have two beautiful children. Because of him, I know that real love is possible. Because of him, I can't help but think about 13 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment