Thursday, June 10, 2010

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

****************************************************************************

I am starting a new blog.

The Irish verse above is the root of my blog. (It is also beautifully tattooed upon my back -- and reminds me strongly of my Kealy roots.) A blog about the road that I am traveling with the sun on my face and the wind at my back. A blog of hope and dreams. A blog of happiness and smiles. A blog that will bring me into focus and into my future with a positive outlook because frankly, that's how I feel. For today, ladies and gentlemen, I have hope.

Listen, I've been blogging for years - since 2005, in fact. I absolutely love to write. Writing is what gets me through the toughest times and helps me remember the best of them. It helps me zero in on the important things and it helps me acknowledge my true emotions. It enables me to look back and see how far I've come.

I am also not naive. I know how this works - how life works. I know that life is a roller coaster at times. I also know that, to date, NOTHING has beat me yet. I am still here. Sure, I am different; I am stronger. Sure, I have suffered; I am better. Sure, I felt alone and abandoned; I am surrounded by loving friends and family. One step at a time -- sometimes way too fast and other times way to slow -- I have persevered.

So enjoy my new and improved blog. A giant warm "Welcome" to those of you who haven't read before -- and welcome back to those of you who knew me in my Erma days. Either way, I think that you will see that I am a new person. It's certainly a pleasure to have you here -- to have you on this road that's risen to meet me.


No comments:

Post a Comment