Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Well intentions

I have a friend that is battling cancer.  She started a caringbridge site -- thank God, too...cause I stalk her like crazy.  I think about her non-stop and while we are keeping in touch -- I know how sick she is and how crappy she feels.  I am scared that my calls, visits or even emails or texts can get annoying -- after all, I'm just one of me -- and she is a cool ass chick, so I'm sure she's overwhelmed by so many, even if it's well-intentioned.

So this morning, I was was stalking her...and realized that my Dad's site is still viewable.  So I ventured to his last days -- and the tears flowed freely.  Crazy how time makes you forget some of the details.  Plus, I wasn't a nurse yet -- so I didn't realize what all those things meant.  Perhaps that is what they mean by "time heals."  You know...the things said by the well-intentioned?

And, I sit here -- unwilling to let another person in my life pass to such a horrible disease.  My friend is a fighter and was able to remove the cancer before fighting with her life with an almost deadly (though well intentioned) chemotherapy.  My Dad never really had much of a chance and the fight was fast.  I am grateful for his short suffering and would like to think that at that point in my Dad's life (and maybe even in ours) God was, in fact, well intentioned. 

hm

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are going out to your friend and to you, my sweet friend. I know your daddy's loss is still very painful, and I hope that your friend is able to overcome her cancer and go on to live a full, wonderful life. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete