Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am very happy tonight...

I'm at my Mom's house. It's late -- late for me, now a days, anyway. It's pitch dark out there in the house but I'm waiting for the dryer to ding and playing around on the computer. In the background, I can hear snoring -- I'm pretty sure it's coming from Dane in the room next to me -- and my mother in the room across the hall. It's a battle that kind of cracks me up. Poor Cole.

I finished my work week tonight and hurried to pick up the boys. I brought them to dinner and talked about the day then we headed back to my Mom's house. The boys showered and went to bed. My Mom and I had a quick, but very needed and nice talk. There is just something about a mother's hug -- I just "get it" when my boy's hug me so -- because I still "get them" from my own Mother. What a blessing.

Tomorrow brings about a new day. We should find out if we got the house tomorrow...I'm just assuming we did. To think that, in no time at all, I will be back in the east valley makes my heart dance. I love it at my mom's but I want my own house. I want to cook dinner and have the boys have set places to do homework. I am DEAD TIRED of the drive. Every bit of my life is in the East valley -- my kid's school and sports, my love, my sister (and her family), my job, my friends and soon...my house. I can't wait.

Then Cole has his first sleep over that isn't at a family members house. He is BEYOND thrilled. In his absence, Dane is going on a date night with my Mom. He is now equally excited. Good times.

And then it's football Saturday for my Cole and his Ravens team. 2 games. Hopefully a championship win -- and then a football party where the parents are going to show where the kids got their skills in a parents vs. kids flag football game. :-) Dane doesn't play until December 4th -- so NO practice tomorrow. It's a very welcome reprieve (even if I will miss my football family! What will I do when the season ends!!?)

It's all molding together nicely...and I'm loving every step of the way.

*DING* (clothes are done)

Good Night all.

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to hear that things are going well for you. Keep us posted, we want to see the new house.

    Big hugs, I am so proud of you!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete